Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Hey bloggers, writers, and everybody -

I haven't added to this blog in a while, as I have been in research mode. As I've mentioned, I am a writer, and I've recently been investigating freelance writing opportunities.

What I’ve learned about freelance writing…

I could regurgitate what I’ve learned so far here, but I would be doing an injustice to those expert writers, bloggers, web designers, and others in the know from whom I have been garnering information. One of the best places I’ve found for freelance writing newbies is writersrow.com. There’s a link in the sidebar entitled “for writers.” Check it out.

“She’s a wizard, Harry!”

On another note, I can hardly believe what I am reading about J.K. Rowling and her latest Harry Potter book (I think the title is “Harry Potter and the Ha Ha I’m the Richest Woman in England”). There is hope for all writers out there to knock that big one out of the park (or nab the golden snitch if you prefer Quidditch) Keep plugging away! By the way, there was an interesting story on writenews.com’s writers’ blog about the editor who passed on Rowling and her first Harry Potter book. Oops!

On a family note…

We are going to attempt a pseudo-camping experience in August. As you know from a previous post, when my family travels, it’s always an adventure. I’m calling it pseudo-camping because we are renting a cabin that has a refrigerator, stove, microwave, and a bathroom. I could convince my wife of nothing less. She fears – with good cause - that the boy will end up in a river, lake, forest fire, landslide, or belly of a bear. So we’ll take it slow. I’d love to have comments or ideas on places to camp, if anyone would care to leave one.


Keep on writing (or whatever else you do), and stay connected. Blog on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell the wife that camping is fun!
We "Rough Riders" are tough and can handle anything! Keep the boy in suspenders so you can pluck him out of danger easier.

Great Blog D - thanks for the email M!

Don said...

Suspenders! Great idea! I'm on it.