Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Deepening

Okay, everyone; time for a little horn tooting. This isn’t going to be one of my lengthy, pithy, yet oh so droll posts. No, no, no. I must, I’m afraid do a bit of shameless self-promotion. One of my stories was accepted for publication by an online fiction magazine called The Deepening (www.thedeepening.com). The site just recently went live, and is still working on getting all of the first issue authors’ submissions proofed, edited, and displayed, but it’s still a great site. My story is not live yet, but I’m listed under the “Meet the Authors” section, and my bio is posted. Yes! I am somebody! (you were right, Mom) I encourage everyone to take a look, and when my story is actually on the site, read it and tell me how great I am (even if you think it stinks – my ego is ever so bruisable just now). I have a link over there on the right, or you can click here. I thank you, my children thank you, and the guy from Discover card who keeps calling me thanks you.

6 comments:

smbwallace said...

Congratulations! Great work!

Laurel Johnson said...

ooooo, I just love shameless self-promotion. I resolved to do more of that in 2006 and so far have done OK. Enjoyed your blog, Donald.

Anonymous said...

Don, since I discovered your blog site, it has made my lunch hour go by very quickly. You should do this writing thing for a living :-)
Send me a check for the subscription fee for The Deepening, and I will be glad to read your genious story. (same smile as above)
Congratulations Don!!
Love,
Sam's drop dead gorgeous brother

Don said...

You would begrudge a starving artist? You would take the few shekels I receive for that story, and deprive my starving family the cold crust of bread they are accustomed to? You strike at my heart with your cold steel words. Oh, woeful time. Oh, lamentable day!

Anonymous said...

I believe you may have brought a tear to my eye... no, wait, I just smashed my finger in the desk drawer. Do I need to confirm the spelling of my name for the check (many people of lesser stature than yourself might misssspelll it, or forget to sign it etc).

Don said...

I also accept travelers' checks, money orders, PayPal, and stock options. Let me know if you need the number of my Swiss bank account to wire the money - another viable option.